Here’s an overview of the significant news and changes that ACF and the industry as a whole are experiencing.
- Brisbane port slow down due to MUA Action now at Patrick’s commencing 27/09
- Brisbane vessel arrivals pushed out 2-3 days from today ( 28/09/20 ) due to the slow down and berthing congestion
- Ongoing Sydney Port Disruptions – vessel berthing improving, average back to 7 days delays
- Over 50,000 empty containers in Sydney awaiting re-positioning when vessels come back on (re-export)
- Five shipping lines continue to omit Sydney port – review after 01/10
- Sydney bound containers could be railed to Sydney at importers cost
- China National Holidays commence Wednesday 30/09 for 7 days
- China and Asia Vessel space remain tight – bookings need two weeks in advance for space protection (LCL/FCL)
- Singapore port congestion for transhipping to Australia is two weeks currently (COSCO/OOCL)
- GSL – New Shipping Line enters China – Australia ocean trade from 13/10/20
- China Shipping Lines announce third general rate increase from 15/10 – call for fresh quotes/OGL offers fixed rates and space protection
- Maersk suspends all bookings to Sydney Port, will review first week October, likely extension.
- India Ports – critical lack of empty containers due to import volumes way down – 2-3 weeks delays
- OOCL Shipping Line suspends all bookings to Australia from 28/09 to 15/10/20 from South East Asia – pushing rates up and space congestion
- PIL vessels 7 days delays to east coast ports from original schedules
Thanks to all our customers for your patience and understanding. ACF will continue to keep you updated during this unprecedented time.